September 1, 2011

Seattle Art Musuem - Free day!

The first Thursday of every month the museums in Seattle have free admission. Last month we checked out the Burke Museum at the University of Washington campus. Annie wanted to see the dinosaur exhibit and we made a new friend while we were there. Today we went downtown and went through SAM. It has some fabulous exhibits and I highly recommend it. Annie's favorite installation was the exploding cars as well as some Northwest Native American art, since she studied it in school. On the way to SAM, the Cooking Channel was outside Westlake Center giving out free Molly Moon's Fro Yo from a Food Truck. I got Salted Carmel, so good..

FIY our favorite place to park anytime we go downtown is at Pacific Place Garage. It has the cheapest rates of anywhere I've found (so far). I can also get to and from the garage very easily now so will probably not be parking anywhere else if I can avoid it. Since I am downtown anyway, I like to walk around a bit and take it all in- so I would rather not park exactly where I am going anyway. I love seeing the city, the sound, the mountains- it is just a gorgeous site.

No comments:

Post a Comment